Serena Hotels has a long tradition of emphasizing cleanliness, safety and comfort in our guest rooms, public spaces and back of house operations as we understand that the health, safety and comfort of our guests, staff and partners remains of utmost importance.
This principle accompanies us in this period of the coronavirus (COVID-19) worldwide pandemic. We have added to our already rigorous cleaning and safety protocols the appropriate recommendations and compliance measures in line with the Ministry of Health and the World Health Organization requirements to prevent the spread of this virus.
This is a highlight of what our guests can expect at our properties:
* Luggage sanitization and room keys disinfection.
* Temperature screening with infrared thermometers.
* Social distancing measures including floor markers to indicate space as per required specifications.
* Staff will have face masks at all times.
* Hand sanitizers at public areas.
* Guest transport vehicles including shuttle, limousines at the hotels and game drive vehicles at the lodges and camps will be appropriately cleaned and sanitizers mounted in each vehicle.
* Guests will be briefed on the safety protocols upon their arrival.
In Room Experience and Housekeeping
* Enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols including use of electrostatic disinfectant and sanitizing spray during room cleaning.
Dining and Bar Facilities
* All dining and bar facilities layout will now take into account social distancing.
* Cleaning and sanitization of dining and bar furniture and all surfaces as per set standards.
* Appropriate measures put in place for food and beverage services.
* Contactless payment options.
Meeting and Events
* Meeting spaces re-arranged to allow social distancing.
* Social distancing signage and markers conspicuously placed.
* Hand sanitizers placed throughout the meeting space.
Training to ensure that our staff are adequately prepared and trained on the protocols is an on-going exercise.
The equipment that will be in use includes electrostatic disinfectant spray machines, free standing IR thermometers for staff screening, ultraviolet disinfection wand, thermos-detection cameras as well as minimalizing contact as much as possible.
For more details on the protocols at the now open Serena Tanzania properties, please click on this link